The invitation from Fr. Pat below is published in the Parish Newsletter which is available in the church or it can be downloaded from this website.
Young People to Lead Prayer;
Dear Parents, Guardians and Young People, We are looking to develop opportunities for greater involvement of young people, as their involvement is so important for the life of our Parish.
There will be a Time of Prayer/Reflection for all the Parish in the Church on the theme of ‘Invitation and Challenge’ @ 7.30pm on Friday 20th October including music, readings, prayer & reflection.
We invite the young people of Secondary School and College age to lead it!
There will be a short meeting for people in this age-group @ 7.30pm on Fri 29th Sept in the Parish Centre, with music practice @ 8pm.
Come along if you are interested in taking part and preparing the time of prayer.
Fr. Pat Fogarty PP
- Youth Folk Group People of Secondary and College age provide music at Saturday 6pm Masses and other ceremonies. Meet Fridays 8-9.30pm, in the Parish Centre. If you like music or singing, this group could be for you!
- Young People’s Garden: This is a new venture in Church grounds with LCA students. See it grow!
- Stations of the Cross on Good Friday! Prayer for, with, by young people and any who would like to join them will offer other experiences of prayer!
- Growing in Faith Together G.I.F.T. For the young people confirmed in 2017. A series of events beginning in Lent, on themes of interest and meaning to young people
- Children Helping Children: October is Mission month and our children will be telling us more about Missionary Children later at the Children’s Mass. Watch this space!
- Next August the World Meeting of Families takes place in Dublin. There will be a meeting for Parents/ Guardians early in 2018 :