Reading the Icon
- Spend five or ten minutes before the Icon.
- You may begin by reciting the Lord’s Prayer slowly and with awareness of the meaning of each phrase.
- When you feel you are ready, let the icon speak to you.
- If your attention wavers recite ‘Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner’.
- Return to quiet contemplation when the mind has settled. Continue until your time has elapsed.
- End your meditation with the Lord’s Prayer.
Follow this link to more praying with Icons by the Dominicans